Tuesday 2 April 2013

THANK GOD AM ALIVE...



Just yesterday, I was driving on the high way, with no traffic, no worries, not even a care in the world the only thing present was that gay, happy feeling you have when you’re driving on Lagos road on a public holiday. Next thing, I hear a loud sound, my car jerks to a halt and but for the grace of God and my seat belts-on I would have flown out through my wind shield. When I looked back, there was no car behind me. At that point could not tell if I was hit by panic or by a car. For a few second I sat silent, smitten by a panic attack, thinking it was typical Lagos "hit and run". I heaved a little sigh of relief to find the family of the man who hit my car asking if I was ok. He was with his wife and kids; they were all just coming from the beach. (Can’t tell how many bottles but I am certain someone had been drinking). They were kind enough to park and come attend to me (there aren't very many nice people in the world today). They were apologetic and have offered to take responsibility for the expenses.  Trust me that does not happen every day. In Lagos some people hit u, insult you and go scot free. I am thankful I am alive. This was one Easter to remember for me. Because He lives, I live. Am alive today only because of His grace.
This is not a public service announcement, but please, do not drink and drive, do not drive without your seat belts on. Save your life and the life and others.

4 comments:

  1. Thank God for His protection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thank God for his mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like some would say, "if you must drive, don't drink and if you must drink, then please drink pure water! Don't drink and drive. Simple message. ThankGod You're alive.

    ReplyDelete